Making sure your Houston access control and surveillance systems offer real protection for property and people can provide you with greater peace of mind and improved security throughout your facilities. Advances in security camera technology have made these systems more effective and reliable than ever before. Here are some key points you should know about modern Houston industrial security camera systems and how they can help you protect your premises against unwanted intrusions and criminal activity.
Different Levels of Resolution
Video cameras are classified according to the resolution they support for capturing and recording images. Video resolution is determined by the number of pixels used to create an image:
- Lower numbers of pixels create blockier and less recognizable images, with fewer pixels translating to less detail in the data recorded.
- Higher pixel counts, by contrast, can capture more detailed images and can allow for improved facial recognition and extremely high levels of resolution for Houston business security systems.
Understanding the different levels of resolution possible with security camera systems can help you make the right choice for your business operations.
Standard, High-Definition and Megapixel Cameras
Security cameras are available in three basic categories of resolution:
- Standard-definition (SD) cameras create images of 400,000 pixels or less.
- High-definition (HD) video cameras create images that contain 921,600 pixels or more. This resolution is also referred to as 720p because it consists of at least 720 lines and 1280 columns of pixels.
- Megapixel cameras are a subset of HD cameras that create images with 1,000,000 pixels or more. Megapixel 1280p images contain 1280 lines and 1920 columns of pixels at a minimum.
Choosing security cameras with the highest number of pixels possible can provide real benefits for your company or organization.
Benefits of Megapixel Security Cameras
HD camera systems can allow law enforcement officers to make positive identifications on intruders captured by these security measures. This can potentially allow faster apprehension of criminals and increased safety for your employees, customers and patients. In the medical environment, Houston hospital security camera systems can allow administrators to track the movements of patients and to provide added safeguards for records and prescription medications. The increased clarity made possible by HD technologies can ensure the safest environment for employees and visitors to your facilities.
At Securecomm Inc., we offer comprehensive support for Houston businesses in managing their security needs. Our expert technicians can create comprehensive solutions that include access control systems, HD and megapixel security cameras and fire detection and alarm systems that suit your needs and your budget. Call Securecomm today at 832-741-5451 to schedule an initial consultation with us. We look forward to helping you protect your premises more effectively every day and every night.